District 228 Banner District Drop Downdistrict buttonschools buttonParents and Students Buttonschoolboard buttonprogram buttonCalendar ButtonDirectory Button

Quick Links


Compliance Docs



Family Access

Family Resources




School Closings

Staff Portal

Staff Websites


Web Store

Frequently Asked Questions

General School Questions

What are the phone numbers for each school?
Unit Office: 945-0450
High School: 945-0399
Middle School: 945-0599
Millikin: 945-0475
Southwest: 945-0699
Northside: 945-0625

What are school hours?
Unit Office - Hours are 7:30 - 4:00 pm during the school year and 8:00 - 3:00 in the summer.
High School - Early Bird 7 a.m. - 7:50 a.m. Regular Student Day - 8 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Middle School - 8:15 a.m. - 3:10 p.m.
Northside, Millikin and Southwest - 8:25 a.m. - 3:10 p.m.

How do I get on teacher sub list?
You must first register your certificate with the Regional Office in Atkinson. Contact the schools you would like to sub at and ask the secretary to place their name on the sub list.

Bus complaints?
Call Pinks first (944-6417), your building principal next.


High School Questions and Answers

What is the date of Graduation?

Historically, graduation is the Sunday of Memorial Day weekend. Please check the GHS calendar for the specific date for the current year.

What is the Attendance Line number?
It is a 24-hour line and the number is 945-0110.

What are the high school office hours?
7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday Hours when students are not in session are generally 8 a.m. to 3 p.m., unless it is a legal school holiday in which case we are closed.

How do I get a message to my student?
As a general rule, we do not give students messages unless it is an emergency. When possible, we ask that you bring a note to place in the student's locker. However, we are happy to comply when this is not possible.

How do I get a copy of my transcript?
During the school year, call the Registrar directly at 945-0313. During the summer and breaks, please call the main office at 945-0399. Cost is $2.00 per copy.

How many college days can my student take and what do I need to do to
get him/her excused for them?

A student may take one college day as an excused absence. Students may take more than one college day, but each additional day after the first one will be counted as an unexcused absence.

How many credits does my student need to graduate?
At this time, your student must have 42 credits to graduate. This includes 4 years of English, 3 years of Math, 2 years of Science, 2 years of Social Studies, 3-1/2 years of P.E, and 1 Semester of Health. Students must also fulfill a Consumer Education requirement, a Government requirement and a Keyboarding requirement.

Middle School Questions and Answers

What time does a student who is absent in the morning need to return to school in order to participate in an after school extra-curricular activity.
7th Grade before 12:30.
8th Grade before 12:30.

What procedure should be used if a student has to leave school during the day for an appointment?
Parents should send a note with the student the day of the appointment. 7th and 8th grade students should turn the note into the control teacher located in the gym foyer before school and receive a permit to leave. 6th grade students should turn the note into the office before school and receive a permit to leave. The permit is shown to the teacher and they will have permission to leave class at the time designated on their permit. (They do not need to wait to be called to the office.) They should then sign out in the office. If they return before school is dismissed they should stop at the office and sign their time in and receive an admit to class.

What procedure should be used if you know your student is going to be
absent from school ahead of time.
Students should pick up a "Notification of Absent" form from the office. The parents should fill out the bottom of the form. Students are asked to take it to their teachers for signatures and ask for any homework they will be missing. The form should be turned into the office before the absence.

Elementary School Questions and Answers

Lunch Times at Millikin
Kindergarten - 11:20 - 12:05
First Grade - 11:30 - 12:15
Second Grade - 11:40 - 12:25
Third Grade - 11:50 - 12:35
Fourth Grade - 11:55 - 12:40
Fifth Grade - 12:00 - 12:45

Millikin attendance line is 945-0193.
Millikin fax number is 309-945-0480.

The bus riders are dismissed at 3:10 and as soon as the buses leave (Usually 3:11) we ring the bell and everyone else is dismissed.

Cafeteria/Food Service Questions and Answers

Our family income has changed drastically. How can I make sure my children can still receive a hot lunch at school?
Stop in the Unit Office and complete the paperwork to see if you qualify for the government free and reduced meal program.

My high school student seems to be using the money very quickly. Can I limit the amount they spend daily?
Yes, you can limit the amount spent daily. Call the Food Service Office and we can put a daily dollar limit on the student's account.

Can I join my child in the cafeteria for lunch?
Yes, we'd love to have you! We can deduct your meal from the student's account.


Please Welcome Dr. Brumbaugh to District 228
While it has been my distinct honor to serve at the employment of the Board of Education, it has been a joy to work with the dedicated staff and administration of this school district for 15 years.  There is much for which we can be proud, and the collaborative spirit of how this District works … Continue reading "Please Welcome Dr. Brumbaugh to District 228"

High School: 945-0399
Middle School: 945-0599
Millikin: 945-0475
Northside: 945-0625
Southwest: 945-0652


Kiwanis Playground Grant

Kindergarten Registration 2018-19

Kindergarten Registration Information

Kindergarten Registration Packet

Kindergarten Parent Information

SCHOOL REPORT CARD an index of school performance measured against statewide and local standards.

Read the 16-17 District 228 Year In Review & Annual Report

Geneseo CUSD#228 is in need of substitute teachers for all grade levels.  Interested individuals must have a valid teaching or substitute teaching certificate.  Please contact the Regional Office of Education at 309-936-7890 for compliance requirements.  



Links to community pages

Footer Facebook Button Google Maps Button

Copyright 2018 Geneseo Public School District. All rights reserved.